Let’s do something nice for our neighbors!
February 10th is Neighbor Day, a special day set aside to reach out to neighbors, make new friends, and express thanks to those who help make your neighborhood a great place to live.
Residents, businesses, or community groups are all encouraged to participate however they like. The main goal is simply to reach out and connect with your neighbors through generosity. Here are some ways you can be a part of Neighbor Day:
- Do something nice for a neighbor: take them to coffee, clean up their yard, bake them some cookies, invite them for a walk.
- Organize a neighborhood potluck, open house, or work party. It can be as big or simple as you want.
- Need an idea? We have an extensive list to help inspire you.
- Want to know how your local business or community group can participate? Here are some ideas!
- If your event is open to the public, you can post it to our online events calendar.
- Use our flyer to post around your neighborhood or work area to remind people of the day.
- Have your children color our Neighbor Day coloring sheet and give it to a neighbor.
- Attend one of the many community activities listed on the events calendar. Many Seattle Fire stations along with pools, parks, and neighborhoods are hosting celebrations and work parties.
- Share a “great neighbor” story or tell us how you are celebrating by tagging us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and using #neighborday.