Broadview – Bitter Lake – Haller Lake Neighborhood Plan Update
From Northwest News Bits
In response to the community’s neighborhood plan, Seattle’s Office of Planning and Community Development has drafted zoning changes to promote development of a neighborhood business district on Linden Ave. N.
The changes will affect the east side of Linden Ave. N between N 130th St. & N 145th St., and N 130th St. between Linden Ave. N and Aurora Ave. N. They include the following:
- Rezone the east side of Linden Ave. N to Commercial 1 to reduce the intensity of commercial uses and increase compatibility with the growing residential neighborhood.
- Allow street level residences on Linden Ave. N north of N 135th
- Require street-level businesses on the east side of Linden Ave. N between N 135th and N 130th streets to encourage development of a neighborhood shopping district.
- Require portions of new buildings over 45 feet high to set back 10 feet from the street edge to reduce bulk.
- New buildings on and N 130th between Linden Ave. N and Aurora Ave. N. will need to create street fronts that support a better walking environment.
- There are no height increases proposed as part of this legislation.
If you have questions, you can call or email me at (206) 6150-1447 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bitter Lake Urban Design Framework provides background for the proposed changes.
The Neighborhood Plan Update is here