Steward Position at Carkeek Park Demonstration Gardens
If you are you interested in:
- working in a beautiful environment with a wide variety of plants native to the Pacific Northwest, as well as the continental US,
- maintaining gardens created for pollinators, and native and migrating birds,
- propagating, dividing, transplanting plants,
- collecting and sowing seeds,
- building and maintaining soil health using a modified no-till method,
- learning something new each time you work in a garden,
- joining an enthusiastic group of dedicated gardeners, with support from Seattle Parks department, Master Gardeners, and Edmonds Community College Horticulture program,
- one planning meeting per year to help with plant selection, setting priorities for the coming year, resolving problem areas, etc.
If so, you are a perfect fit for stewardship in the Demonstration Gardens at Carkeek Park!
I am looking for one or more individuals who have some familiarity with native plants, who know the difference between desired plants and weeds in early spring, and who are not afraid to work hard and get dirty. This position can be shared, and has flexible hours/days of work.
Some of our duties include mulching, pruning, weeding, and general plant care. Watering by hand in late summer is also an important part of our work.
If you are interested in an on-going steward position here in the Gardens, please contact me, Deborah Phare, at:
email@example.com or 206-979-1476