Metro Transit Constructing Improvements for the Rapid Ride D Line at 7th Ave. NW and Holman Road
Construction is underway of roadway improvements at the north end of the RapidRide D Line that will enable the D Line to better access its existing terminal on NW 100th Place by way of Holman Road.
Through the course of the project, crews will be building:
1. A new left turn pocket on Holman Road NW at Seventh Avenue NW for northeast bound traffic.
2. Improvements on Seventh Avenue NW, which will be converted to one-way northbound travel, completely rebuilding the street as a concrete roadway. New curb and sidewalk will be constructed on the west side between Holman Road NW and NW 100th Street. Parking on the west side of Seventh Avenue NW will be prohibited; the east side of Seventh Avenue NW will have access for truck deliveries to adjacent businesses and parking at the back side of the Carkeek Plaza Shopping Center.
3. NW 100th Street between Seventh Avenue NW and NW 100th Place will be realigned and rebuilt with a concrete roadway, providing two-way access to the Carkeek Plaza Shopping Center. New curb and sidewalk on the south side of NW 100th Street will be added.
4. To better connect riders to the D line stop on NW 100th Place, pedestrian crossing improvements and roadway repairs will be made at the intersections of NW 100th Street, NW 100th Place, NW 100th Street and Eighth Avenue NW. The existing northbound slip lane that connects Eighth Avenue NW and NW 100th Place will be removed and all traffic will use the 4-way stop at the Eighth Avenue NW and NW 100th Street intersection. New sidewalk will be built on the south side of NW 100th Street.
5. Curb improvements will be made at the intersection of NW 100th Street and NW 100th Place to enable the westbound to northbound right-turn movement of Metro buses; the reconfiguration of this intersection will greatly reduce the crossing distance.