Neighborhood Planning Update Has Produced Some Ideas
The neighborhood plan update that has been going on for the past year has reached the stage where there are concrete ideas on what the updated plan should contain. At an open house on Nov. 5 display boards presented some of those ideas. Below is a brief description with links to the display boards online. The plan update website is a good place to check out from time to time. Another public meeting will take place this spring.
- Strategies Display Boards – Actions that could be taken by the city and/or community to create: 1) Healthy People, 2) Strong Communities or 3) Great Places.
- Overall Urban Design – An overview of the main recommendations covered in the neighborhood plan update.
- Complete Streets – Recommendations for creating a “Complete Streets Network” that Improve how we get from place to place.
- Strong Community Photo Display – Picture illustrating actions that help create strong, local communities.
- Linden Town Center Key Directions – Overall recommendations for creating a town center along Linden Ave N.
- Linden Town Center Streetscape – Describes the desired relationship of land uses to adjacent sidewalks
- Linden Town Center Character – Illustrates a potential cross section of new development on the grocery Outlet/Rite Aid site, and the relationship of the façade to the street right-of-way.
- Economic Data – Background data about the BBH area retail market.
- Economic Retail Trade Area Analysis – Comparison of various retail trade area captures.
- Economic Trade Capture – More specific discussion of BBH trade area capture and growth.